SPRING TIME VIEW OF THE GARDEN, GROVE GALLERY. PHOTO BY Celine Farrell  

SPRING TIME VIEW OF THE GARDEN, GROVE GALLERY. PHOTO BY Celine Farrell

 

Celine Farrell purchased the Lamers Building in 1972, becoming the fourth owner of the building.  Originally bearing the address 354 Grove Street, it was changed to 832 S. 5th St in 1931 when Milwaukee changed many of its street names.  Now designated as a "Walker's Point Building of Architetural Interest", the building has been home to a shoe store, an appliance retailer and repair shop, a Yugoslavian publisher, an artificial limb retailer, and several times a gallery.  We have many historical documents and we're working to uncover more about this beautiful Victorian Building and it's role in the neighborhood.